Please be advised of upcoming work and changed traffic conditions northbound and southbound on the Hume Highway, Marulan, as work is carried out on the bridges over the Brayton Road on ramp and Southern Highlands railway line between Highland Way and Medway Road.
Work will be carried out from Monday 7 February for about one month, Sunday to Friday, weather permitting. Minor work will commence from Monday 7 February, with work impacting Oversize Overmass (OSOM) vehicles from Monday 14 February.
In both directions, vehicles wider than 4.2 metres will need to be escorted through the work site and stop at the nearest heavy vehicle stopping bay. To arrange access through the worksite contact UHF channel 19 or 0474 750 005 in advance.
Work on northbound lanes – Monday 14 to Friday 18 February
- During work on the northbound lanes road users will be detoured onto the southbound lanes.
- The northbound heavy vehicle checking station will be temporarily closed.
Work on southbound lanes – Monday 28 February to Friday 4 March
- During work on the southbound lanes road users will be detoured onto the northbound lanes.
- Access to Goulburn and Canberra from Brayton Road will be closed. Road users travelling to Goulburn and Canberra will be detoured to a dedicated U-Turn bay. The right turn onto Highlands Way will be closed and detours in place.
- Southbound access via the U-Turn bay will be closed to heavy vehicles larger than B-double.
- The southbound heavy vehicle checking station will be temporarily closed.
The exit to Marulan will remain open.
Changed traffic conditions will be in place 24 hours a day during the work. Motorists are advised to allow additional travel time, drive to the conditions and follow the directions of signs and traffic control.
For the latest traffic updates, call 132 701, visit livetraffic.com or download the Live Traffic NSW App.
Transport for NSW thanks motorists for their patience during this time.
If you have any questions, please contact the project team on 1800 344 014 or