Brisbane Move would like to advise you that key Brisbane Metro works in South Brisbane have been rescheduled.
The permanent traffic changes that were scheduled to commence on 24-26 June 2022 are now expected to take place from mid-July 2022.
Key changes from mid-July 2022
Permanent traffic changes
To facilitate Brisbane Metro’s major construction on Grey Street and Melbourne Street, a number of permanent changes to the local road network will be required, including:
- Grey Street being reduced to two traffic lanes (one lane in each direction) between Russell Street and Peel Street
- Melbourne Street being closed to general traffic between Hope Street and Grey Street. General traffic will not be able to access Melbourne Street:
- inbound between Hope Street and Grey Street
- outbound between Grey Street and Merivale Street.
- removal of the left-hand turn from Hope Street onto Melbourne Street for all motorists
- removal of the left-hand turn from Grey Street onto Melbourne Street for all motorists
Temporary traffic, cyclist and parking changes during construction
- Melbourne Street will be temporarily reduced to two traffic lanes (one lane in each direction, not including turning lanes), between Manning Street and Merivale Street. All traffic travelling inbound on Melbourne Street must turn off on Merivale Street (southbound) or Hope Street (northbound)
- temporary removal of five motorcycle parks on Grey Street between Fish Lane and Peel Street
- temporary removal of four, 1P on-street car parks on Grey Street between Fish Lane and Peel Street
- temporary removal of one loading zone space on Grey Street between Fish Lane and Peel Street
- temporary removal of the dedicated cycleway from Victoria Bridge to Grey Street (cyclists are required to travel on the dedicated shared path).
Traffic management will be in place to direct motorists, pedestrians and cyclists as required.
If you have any questions regarding major construction activities, please contact the Brisbane Move team on 1800 318 059 or via email [email protected]