Cooper Grace Ward Lawyers has a strong focus on the transport and logistics industry, and helps road transport operators navigate the nuances of legislative change that affects their businesses.
Cooper Grace Ward’s transport and logistics team acts for a variety of road transport operators from owner drivers to national logistics companies. Through our involvement in the industry, we are well attuned to issues affecting transport and logistics businesses.
We assist clients with a wide range of legal services, including:
– chain of responsibility issues;
– drafting conditions of carriage;
– preparing and advising on contractual documentation such as subcontracting agreements, hire agreements, 3PL agreements and fleet provider contracts;
– commercial litigation, including disputes in relation to the purchase of vehicles, plant and equipment, damage to goods in transit and storage;
– advising on insurance issues, including disputes with insurers;
– sale and purchase of transport businesses and assets;
– negotiating leases for transport depots and warehouses;
– providing industrial relations advice concerning union right of entry, enterprise agreements, including negotiating and making agreements;
– defending Work Health and Safety prosecutions; and
– preparing and implementing workplace policies tailored for the transport industry, including fatigue management, drug and alcohol testing, work health and safety and driver codes of conduct.
To learn more about Cooper Grace Ward - www.cgw.com.au