Register Today and go in the draw to Win!
NatRoad is pleased to welcome both members and non-members alike to the anticipated NatRoad Conference 2022 to be held at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove on the sunny Gold Coast on the 20th-22nd of October 2022.
The last few years have given us time to reflect and use this important networking event to help reconnect for change. Come along, share your experiences, let us know what is important to your business and where improvements are needed to make things better for all in the industry.
Register To Win
Register for the NatRoad Conference by the 20th of September 2022 and tell us in 25 words or less where you want to travel in the next 12 months and why. You can be the winner of one of these amazing prizes! Enter today for your chance to win 7 nights at the amazing Wyndham Port Douglas, a 4-night cruise aboard the Ovation of the Seas or 500 Discovery Dollars to spend on travel, lifestyle and retail products with Discover365.
You will have the chance to participate in the much loved ‘NatRoad Parliament’ – a space to debate about the most pressing issues for you and your business. Attendees then vote on the most important issues you want NatRoad to work on. With key industry stakeholders and decision-makers attending, you’ll have the opportunity to ask the hard questions and have your voice heard.
Awards & Gala Dinner
Another highlight will be celebrating the great achievements of the industry with the NatRoad Awards presented at the Gala Dinner. Be sure to nominate a colleague or mate for their hard yards in the industry.
There will be plenty of time to socialise and take part in relaxing activities. This is the event of the year not to be missed!
We look forward to seeing you there!
Take advantage of our early bird pricing and secure accommodation at the InterContinental Resort at Sanctuary Cove.
Registration fees – includes pass to Gala Dinner and all social events: (inc GST)
- Early bird member – $220 (closes Friday 23 September 2022)
- Early bird non-member – $550 (closes Friday 23 September 2022)
- Standard rate member – $360 (closes Wednesday 12 October 2022)
- Standard rate non-member – $650 (closes Wednesday 12 October 2022)
Registrations close: Wednesday 12 October 2022
Not a member yet? Join NatRoad to book at the member rate. Call us on 1800 272 144 to find out more. Learn more about NatRoad member benefits.
The InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort is set within 4.2 hectares of tropical garden with a one-acre lagoon beach pool, marine village with boutiques, theatre and galleries. Located close to three championship golf courses, theme parks, a world-class marina and much more, there is a fantastic selection of relaxing activities prior to, or after the conference.
Special accommodation rates have been secured for NatRoad conference attendees at the InterContinental and Azzura Greens Resort. If you wish to stay at the InterContinental property, please book your accommodation with your conference registration. If you wish to stay at the Azzura Greens Resort, please book your accommodation direct with them.
Accommodation is limited so we recommend you book your stay ASAP to avoid disappointment.
InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
InterContinental Garden View room – $229 per night
Availability 20 / 21 / 22 October 2022 – additional room nights at the conference rate can be requested.
Accommodation to be booked through NatRoad.
Specific topic related conference sessions will include owner drivers, dangerous good, regulation and compliance, heavy recovery vehicles, safety and training, and road trains and high productivity vehicles.
Why not take a break before or after the conference with some of the fantastic leisure activities available close to the venue and on the Gold Coast.
Shopping and Dining
Visit the Marina Village, right at the edge of the harbour with a selection of cafes, restaurants and bars, plus specialty shops, art galleries and gift stores.
Hon Scott Buchholz MP
Scott Buchholz is the Assistant Minister for Road Safety and Freight Transport. He has 25 years of experience in the transport industry in Queensland. Until recently, Scott was a Director of CQX and Toowoomba Express Couriers.
Real life experience underpins Scott’s empathy with and understanding of small business and regional Australians who endure the complex challenges of harsh drought and increasing input and production costs. Scott understands a strong economy is central to everything. It’s central to delivering vital services, lowering taxes and providing a safety net for those who need it. As a previous small business owner, Scott knows the value of money and understands the need to make good financial decisions without waste.
Senator Glenn Sterle
Senator Glenn Sterle currently serves as the Chair of the Senate Rural, Regional Affairs and Transport References Committee and in June of 2018, was appointed by Bill Shorten as the Shadow Assistant Minister for Road Safety.
The Hon Bruce Billson GAICD
In his Ombudsman role, Bruce Billson is an independent advocate for the small business community. His office has the legislative powers needed to effectively influence Australia’s lawmakers, ensuring legislation and regulations are in place to help small businesses grow.
Bruce seek to bring together the many voices within the small business sector in a way that promotes their growth and freedom to innovate, employ and thrive.
Sal became Chief Executive Officer of the NHVR in May 2014, bringing extensive knowledge of heavy vehicle policy, strategy and regulation to the role.
Over the past six years, Sal has led a significant program of reform across Australia’s heavy vehicle industry, including transitioning functions from participating jurisdictions to deliver a single national heavy vehicle regulator, harmonising heavy vehicle regulations across more than 400 road managers, and modernising safety and productivity laws for heavy vehicle operators and the supply chain.
He has also led the NHVR’s transformation to a customer-centric organisation, focusing on outcomes that deliver the biggest benefit to the most people in the heavy vehicle sector, driven by the NHVR Portal and backed up by a comprehensive set of data from across Australia.
Susie Harwood is the Executive Director Freight at Transport for NSW, leading Freight Branch in giving freight a louder voice earlier by raising the profile of freight as a fundamental customer of the transport system, to enable the safe, productive and sustainable movement of goods. Working in partnership across government and with industry to deliver improved freight outcomes for the people of NSW.
With more than a decade of experience in Transport, Susie has played an important role in building strong and trusted relationships with transport customers and the freight industry.
With her team, Susie is currently working to ensure that Transport for NSW and government more broadly understands and values the role of freight.
Gillian Bristow, from Bristow Legal, has practised in the transport sector for more than 25 years. She acts for a wide variety of transport and logistics clients and transport industry associations across all jurisdictions, including road transport operators, warehouse operators, tow operators, freight forwarders and companies involved in plant hire.
Ross Cureton has worked at PACCAR Australia in a variety of Product Design, Development and Engineering roles for 27 years. His current role of Director of Product Planning – for both Kenworth and DAF brands – involves working closely with other global PACCAR divisions to deliver a stream of locally adapted new products and services to our customers. Australia’s Transport industry is unique and the market is the most competitive in the world, making this a challenging endeavour – especially given the rate of change in the vehicle industry at present.
Aside from his PACCAR roles, Ross has also worked in research & development and motorsport, in small and medium size enterprises.
Richard Calver is a lawyer with over 40 years’ experience in providing advice to a range of industries and private clients. He has been with NatRoad on a full time basis since 2017. He has expertise in workplace relations and general commercial law, as well as being immersed in the details of the HVNL and road traffic law.
Peter Rowsthorn – Gala Dinner Speaker
Get ready to laugh all night long with Peter Rowsthorn booked as the Master of Ceremonies at the NatRoad Annual Gala Dinner.
Peter Rowsthorn is a high energy, fast-paced stand-up comedian one minute and a measured character actor the next. He is probably best known as long-suffering husband and pants-man Brett Craig on Kath & Kim.
Peter is one of Australia’s best stand-up comedians and is also an extremely skilled Master of Ceremonies.
Nominate a fellow truckie for a NatRoad Award
The annual NatRoad Awards sponsored by NTI which are presented at the National Conference Gala Dinner recognise those in the industry who are making a difference. Nominate a mate or a fellow worker to recognise their contribution to your workplace and the industry.
Professional Driver Award
This award recognises the achievements of a driver and acknowledge the professionalism with which they carry out their work, in particular an exemplary safety performance, commitment to excellence, customer service and who has worked to promote the industry as a whole.
Sponsored by NTI
Nominations have closed
Youth Employee Award
This Award recognises an inspirational young professional (30 years and under) working in any part of the road transport industry. If a young team member has performed beyond your expectations, made a contribution to your business or brought a new way of thinking, nominate them today.
Sponsored by NTI
Nominations have closed
What do the finalists receive?
The finalists in each category will receive:
- Return economy airfares from their closest airport to Brisbane to attend the awards presentation at the Gala Dinner
- One nights’ accommodation at the InterContinental Sanctuary Cove Resort
What do the winners receive?
- Each winner will receive $500 worth of Eftpos gift vouchers
Ted Pickering Memorial Award
The prestigious Ted Pickering Memorial Award is awarded each year to an individual for their outstanding contribution to the Australian Road Transport Industry.
First awarded in 2012, this award was named after one of the founding members of the National Transport Federation – Ted Pickering. Ted was an icon of the industry and a true gentleman. Universally liked and respected for his honesty, integrity, ethics and overall commitment to the industry. The Ted Pickering Memorial Award is selected by the NatRoad Executive Team and awarded at the NatRoad Conference Gala Dinner.
The NatRoad Awards are proudly sponsored by National Transport Insurance (NTI)
The NatRoad National Conference is proudly sponsored by industry partners
Proud sponsors of the NatRoad Conference
NatRoad’s partnership Australia’s own, Ampol, to bring you exceptional fuel savings. Together, we are here to support truck operators and small business. Read more.
Proud sponsors of the Conference Catering.
MTData, a subsidiary of Telstra, revolutionizes businesses with innovative vehicle telematics and connected fleet management technology. We work across a wide range of industries and are leading the path to an exciting future of IoT. For almost 20 years since 2003, MTData has been helping businesses to improve operational efficiency, reduce costs and meet safety compliance requirements. We drive transformational outcomes for many of the largest businesses across Australia and New Zealand through tailored solutions for unique business needs.
We are thrilled to announce that delegates to the NatRoad Conference, who register before the 20th of September and fill out the form below, are eligible to go in the draw to win 7 nights at the amazing Wyndham Port Douglas or 500 Discovery dollars to spend on travel, lifestyle and retail products with Discover365.
Both these amazing prizes are sponsored by NatRoad’s travel and lifestyle partner Discover365.
So, register today to join us at our conference at the stunning InterContinental Sanctuary Cove from 20 to 22 October and go in the draw to win either of these great prizes!
Game of Skill Competition
Relax in Tropical North Queensland on a 7-night resort holiday at Wyndham Port Douglas. Spoil your partner or take the whole family. The accommodation sleeps up to four people.
- Port Douglas Resort Escape
- Wyndham Port Douglas – Queensland
- 1 Bedroom Accommodation for up to 4 persons
- 7 Nights
- December 1-8, 2022
- Inclusive of accommodation only.
- 500 Discovery Dollars to be used on travel, lifestyle and retail products with Discover365.
- Cruise for two persons
- On-board Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines’ Ovation of the Seas
- 4 nights sampler cruise
- March 23, 2023
- Guarantee Oceanview Balcony
- Inclusive of accommodations, standard meals as part of total cruise fare including gratuities, government fees, taxes, and port expense for two persons.
Terms and Conditions
|Competition Name||Early Bird Prizes Competition (“Competition”)|
|Promoter||National Road Transport Association (“NatRoad”)
Level 3, 73 Northbourne Avenue,
Canberra, ACT 2600
(02) 6295 3000
|Entry Restriction||Entry is available to current NatRoad members and non-members who register as delegates for the NatRoad Annual Conference 2022 only.|
|Entry – Age Restriction||Entry is available to anyone over the age of 18.|
|Competition Period||1 April 2022 to 20 September 2022.|
|How to Enter||To enter the competition, each entrant must, during the competition period:
|Content Criteria||“Where do you want to travel to in 2022? Why?”|
|Are multiple Entries permitted?||No. Only single entry permitted.|
|Receipt of Entry||The time each entry is received will be the time the entry is submitted via the NatRoad website Competition form.|
|Prize(s) Description||First Prize: Seven (7) Night resort holiday at Wyndham Port Douglas for up to four (4)people
Second Prize: 500 Discovery Dollars from Discover365 to be used on travel, lifestyle or retail products with Discover365.
|Total number of Prizes||There are two (2) Prizes to be won as part of the Competition.|
|Judge(s)||The Judge(s) of the Competition will be two (2) members of the NatRoad Management Team.|
|Determining the Winner(s)||The entries will be judged, and the winner(s) will be determined based on the most creative entries, at NatRoad offices, Level 3, Suite 2, 73 Northbourne Avenue, City ACT 2601 on the 17th of October at 3 pm local time.|
|Notifying the Winner(s)||Within five (5) days of the Winner(s) being determined, each winner will be notified at the NatRoad Annual Conference, Saturday 22nd of October 2022 at 3.15 pm local time at the Conference Venue, The InterContinental Hotel Sanctuary Cove, Manor Circle, Sanctuary Cove, Queensland 4212.|
|Publishing the Results||Within seven (7) days of the Winner(s) being determined, the name and suburb (or town) of each Winner(s) will be published at:
www.linkedin.com – NatRoad
NatRoad members will also be notified via email of the Winner(s).
PART A – INTRODUCTION
- Information on how to enter and Prize details form part of these terms and conditions.
- By participating in the Competition, entrants accept and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. For the avoidance of any doubt, the Terms and Conditions include the Schedule above.
- Entries must comply with these Terms and Conditions to be valid.
- Where there is an inconsistency between the Schedule and Parts A to J of these Terms and Conditions, the Schedule will prevail.
PART B – PRIVACY
- The Promoter will collect and use each entrant’s personal information for the purposes of:
- Conducting the Competition (which may include disclosure to third parties for the purpose of processing and conducting the Competition) and for promotional purposes, public statements and advertisements in relation to the Competition;
- Providing information about the products and services offered by the Promoter and its affiliated Partners; and
- Research to improve its products and services.
- By entering the Competition, entrants consent to the use of their personal information as described in clause 5.
PART C – WHO CAN ENTER THE COMPETITION
- If the winner of a Prize is under 18 years of age, the Prize will be awarded to the next best entry.
- Directors and employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and its affiliated Partners are not eligible to enter. Immediate families means spouse, ex-spouse, child, step-child, parent, step-parent, legal guardian, sibling or step-sibling.
PART D – HOW TO ENTER THE COMPETITION
- To enter, each entrant must comply with the ‘How to Enter” section of the Schedule.
- If the Schedule permits entrants to submit more than one entry, each entry must be unique and submitted separately.
- Entries must not have been published previously or used to win prizes in other competitions.
- An entry cannot be modified after it has been submitted.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of age, identity, residential address, or any other information relevant to participation in the Competition of all entrants. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who provides false information or fails to provide information that is reasonably requested by the Promoter.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse to accept entries which are incomplete, indecipherable, offensive, do not comply with these Terms and Conditions, or which contravene any applicable laws or regulations.
- The Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify an entrant who has breached any of these Terms and Conditions, has engaged in unlawful or improper conduct or otherwise acts to cheat or undermine the fairness of the Competition by, for example tampering with the entry process to obtain a competitive advantage over other entrants.
- The eligibility of entries is solely within the discretion of the Promoter.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, or damaged entries or other communications.
PART E – PRIZES
- Prize One (1):
- Travel must be undertaken between 01/12/2022 – 08/12/2022, subject to availability;
- Subject to the terms and conditions of the participating Prize provider(s), once the Prize has been booked, if for any reason the Winner(s) does not take all or part of the Prize at the booked time, the Prize as a whole will be forfeited.
- Prize Two (2):
- 500 Discovery Dollars will be added to the Winner(s) Discover365 Travel and Lifestyle Benefits Membership;
- Valid for twelve (12) months from the date the Winner(s) is notified.
- Each Prize is not transferrable, exchangeable, or redeemable for cash.
- If a Prize is unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value. This right is subject to any applicable legislation, regulations, or direction from a regulatory authority.
- Once the Price has been transferred to the Winner(s), the Promoter takes no responsibility for the Prize not being able to be redeemed due to any travel bans, restrictions, medical events, whether due to the COVID-19 pandemic or otherwise, or any other event(s).
- The Winner(s) will be solely responsible for purchasing their own travel insurance to cover the Prize, and meet any and all associated costs with redeeming the Prize, including but not limited to, spending monies, transfers, or in-room charges.
- All taxes (excluding GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of receiving a Prize are the sole responsibility of the Winner(s).
- The Winner’s use of the prize is entirely at their own risk. Before a prize is awarded a Winner(s) may be required to sign an agreement to release the Promoter from and indemnifying the Promoter against any liability arising from the Winner(s) acceptance and use of the Prize and the Winner’s participation in the Competition.
PART F – HOW THE WINNER(S) ARE DETERMINED
- The Competition is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner(s).
- At the time and date specified in the “Determining the Winner(s)” section of the Schedule, each valid entry will be judged individually on its merits by the Judge(s) based on the Content Criteria.
- The winning entry or entries will be the entry or entries that best satisfies the Content Criteria as determined by the Judge(s).
- The number of winning entries to be selected will be the same as the total number of Prizes specified in the Schedule.
- The Judges’ decision will be final and binding and no correspondence with entrants or any other person will be entered into.
- Each Winner(s) will receive a Prize.
PART G – NOTIFICATION AND CLAIMING PRIZE(S)
- The Promoter will provide each winner with instructions on how to claim their Prize. It is the responsibility of each winner to comply with the Promoter’s instructions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request each winner to provide proof of their identity and/or proof that they were responsible for the winning entry.
- Each Winner(s) agree to participate and co-operate, as required, in all public activities relating to the Competition, including, without limitation, being interviewed, photographed, filmed and recorded. Each Winner(s) authorizes the Promoter to use such content for advertising and publicity purposes in any media in perpetuity worldwide.
- It is the responsibility of each entrant to notify the Promoter of any changes to their contact details.
- The Promoter will take all reasonable steps to identify and notify each winner in an attempt to ensure that each Winner(s) receives their Prize. However, if a Winner(s) cannot be identified or does not claim the Prize within three (3) months of the date on which the Winner(s) are determined, their Prize is forfeited and will be awarded to the next best entry.
- Each Winner(s) of an unclaimed Prize will be determined and notified in accordance with Parts F and G.
PART I – NO LIABILITY
- Any Prize supplied by a third-party supplier is subject to the terms and conditions of that third party supplier. Each Prize may come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. If those guarantees are not complied with, then you will have rights under the Australian Consumer Law. Subject to those guarantees and rights, the Promoter shall not be liable and excludes all liability (including negligence) for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) for damage to property, personal injury or death suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition or the use of taking of any Prize except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law including as provided for under the Australian Consumer Law.
- If entry is via Facebook or if the Competition is promoted on Facebook, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook and each entrant agrees to grant Facebook a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- Any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Facebook or any other social network; and
- Any questions or comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Facebook or any other social network.
- If entry is via LinkedIn or if the Competition is promoted on LinkedIn the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with LinkedIn and each entrant agrees to grant LinkedIn a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- Any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to LinkedIn or any other social network; and
- Any questions or comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to LinkedIn or any other social network.
- If entry is via a Prime Digital Creative platform or if the Competition is promoted on any of Prime Digital Creative platforms the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Prime Digital Creative and each entrant agrees to grant Prime Digital Creative a complete release from any claims that they now have or may have in the future which relate to or are incidental to the Competition. Entrants acknowledge and agree that:
- Any information they provide in connection with the Competition is provided to the Promoter and not to Prime Digital Creative or any other social network; and
- Any questions or comments or complaints regarding the Competition will be directed to the Promoter, not to Prime Creative Digital or any other social network.
PART J – TERMINATION OF COMPETITION
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary the terms of, or cancel, the Competition at any time without liability to any entrant or other person, subject to applicable laws.