From Thursday 13 May 2021, access conditions over Miclere Creek will change.
Miclere Creek is located on the Gregory Highway, approximately 20km north of the Peak Downs Highway intersection. See map below.
Class 1 OSOM low loader combinations between 59.5 tonnes and 102.5 tonnes Gross Combination Mass (GCM), with or without a dolly:
- must travel on the carriageway centreline at a speed no greater than the posted speed limit (100 km/h) when crossing Miclere Creek
- no other heavy vehicles are permitted on the bridge.
Class 1 OSOM platform combinations limited to 202.5 tonnes GCM and a maximum of 10 axles and a maximum of 15 tonnes per axle:
- must travel on the carriageway centreline at a speed no greater than the posted speed limit when crossing Miclere Creek
- no other heavy vehicles are permitted on the structure.
Class 1 OSOM platform combinations that exceed 202.5 tonnes GCM, or have more than 10 axles, or have more than 15 tonnes per axle:
- must apply for a route-specific single trip permit and will be subject to a structural assessment to determine access.
TMR would like to advise operators that access restrictions placed on Miclere Creek are temporary whilst remedial work is undertaken.
Whilst TMR understands that this may cause some temporary inconvenience for operators, TMR is committed to working with operators to find solutions for any specific access issues that may result from these restrictions.
TMR would like to encourage operators to check their existing routes and where possible look to establish alternate routes whilst these restrictions are in place for Miclere Creek.
Should operators have any questions please contact the Heavy Vehicle Access team directly by phone 07 3066 5511 or email [email protected].
For the latest information on road closures and traffic conditions across Queensland, visit www.tmr.qld.gov.au and search ‘Conditions of Operations Database’, visit the QLDTraffic website www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au, download the QLDTraffic app or phone 13 19 40 for further assistance.