A load limit and single lane closure will remain in place on the Barron River Bridge on the Kennedy Highway near Kuranda, for at least the next six months. This is to ensure the safety of the workers underneath the bridge and to safely manage the structure.
While maintenance is underway, the Queensland Government will start a $2.1 million investigation into long-term solutions for either replacing or rehabilitating the ageing bridge.
A load limit of 50.5 tonnes applies on the bridge.
The following vehicles are permitted:
- 20m long truck and dogs up to 50.5 tonnes
- 19m long b-doubles up to 50.5 tonnes
- 19m long semi-trailers up to 43.5 tonnes
- Class 1 over size vehicles up to regulation mass
- Two axle cranes operating under the National Class 1 Special Purpose Vehicle Notice 2020 (No.3).
- Agricultural vehicles/combinations up to 25 tonne operating under the National Class 1 Agricultural Vehicle and Combination Mass and Dimension Exemption Notice 2020 (No.1).
The following vehicles must apply for a route specific single trip permit:
- Class 1 combinations between 42.5 – 50.5 tonnes
- Agricultural vehicles/combinations exceeding 25 tonnes
All other Class 1, 2 or 3 vehicles/combinations must find an alternate route.
We thank you for your patience as repairs continue.
For further information, please contact Karl Alolod on 07 4045 7109 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For the latest information on road closures and traffic conditions across Queensland, visit www.tmr.qld.gov.au and search ‘Conditions of Operations Database’, visit the QLDTraffic website www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au, download the QLDTraffic app or phone 13 19 40 for further assistance.