The New England Highway has reopened between Whittingham and Muswellbrook after being closed due to flooding.
Range Road has also reopened between the New England Highway and Golden Highway at Whittingham.
But many other roads remains closed in the Hunter, and motorists and public transport passengers are still advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood-affected regional areas.
In the Hunter
- Maitland – the New England Highway is closed between the roundabout at High Street and Melbourne Street.
- Branxton to Mitchells Flat – Elderslie Road is closed between the New England Highway and Gresford Road.
- Maitland to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between the New England Highway and Avery Lane.
- East Maitland – Raymond Terrace Road is closed between Metford Road and Harvest Boulevard.
- Thornton to Millers Forest – Raymond Terrace Road is closed between Government Road and Woodberry Road.
- Raymond Terrace – Seaham Road is closed between Raymond Terrace Road and Newline Road.
- Bulga to Colo Heights – Putty Road is closed between Wambo Road and Colo Heights Road.
- Milbrodale to Broke – Milbrodale Road is closed.
- Tomago – Tomago Road is closed between Graham Drive and Masonite Road.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line – no trains are running between Cardiff and Wyong.
- Hunter Line – no trains are running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog.
- Many bus services are cancelled or diverting and missing stops.
On the Central Coast
- Charmhaven – the Pacific Highway is closed between Lowana Avenue and Costa Avenue.
- Budgewoi – a contra flow is in place on Budgewoi Road (the Central Coast Highway) near Ourringo Street to allow one lane of traffic in each direction to travel through the area.
On the Mid North Coast
- Failford to Darawank – Failford Road has reopened between Bullocky Way and The Lakes Way.
- Heathcote to Lucas Heights – all westbound lanes of Heathcote Road are closed between the Princes Highway and New Illawarra Road. Eastbound lanes of Heathcote Road are open.
- Windsor – Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- North Richmond – Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- T1 Western Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Schofields and Richmond.
- Blue Mountains Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Katoomba and Mount Victoria.
- F3 Parramatta River ferries – alternative transport is running between Parramatta and Rydalmere.
- Many bus services are cancelled and diverting and missing stops..
In the Illawarra, South Coast and Southern Highlands:
- Jamberoo – Jamberoo Mountain Road is closed in both directions near The Abbey.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
For information about local council roads, use the “council supplied information” tab on www.livetraffic.com or check with local councils.
For the latest transport information, visit www.transportnsw.info