Motorists and public transport passengers are still advised to avoid non-essential travel in flood affected areas, with many roads still closed.
In the Hunter:
- Singleton – New England Highway remains closed between White Avenue and Pitt Street. Southbound heavy vehicles are being stopped at Muswellbrook, and all northbound vehicles are now being stopped at Whittingham.
- Whittingham – New England Highway is closed between the Golden Highway and Kelso Street in Singleton.
- Whittingham – Range Road is closed between New England Highway and Golden Highway.
- Maitland, the New England Highway remains closed between the roundabouts at High Street and Church Street. Light vehicles are being diverted through the town centre while heavy vehicles can use the Hunter Expressway instead.
- Maitland to Cliftleigh – Main Road/Cessnock Road is closed between the New England Highway and Avery Lane.
- Tomago – Tomago Road is closed between Graham Drive and Masonite Road.
- Bulga to Colo Heights – Putty Road is closed between Wambo Road and Colo Heights Road.
- Central Coast & Newcastle Line – no trains are running between Cardiff and Wyong.
- Hunter Line – no trains are running between Newcastle Interchange, Scone and Dungog.
- Many bus services are cancelled or diverting and missing stops.
On the Central Coast
- Charmhaven – the Pacific Highway is closed at Wallarah Creek Bridge.
- Budgewoi – Budgewoi Road is closed between Main Road and Ourringo Street
- Oxford Falls to North Narrabeen – Wakehurst Parkway is closed between Oxford Falls Road and the Academy of Sport. Oxford Falls Road is also closed.
- Heathcote to Lucas Heights – all westbound lanes of Heathcote Road are closed between the Princes Highway and New Illawarra Road. Eastbound lanes of Heathcote Road are open.
- Windsor – Windsor Bridge is closed between Wilberforce Road and George Street. Sections of Wilberforce and Pitt Town roads are also closed.
- North Richmond – Richmond Bridge is closed in both directions.
- Yarramundi – Yarramundi Bridge is closed in both directions.
- In the Royal National Park – Audley Weir is closed in both directions.
- T1 Western Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Schofields and Richmond.
- Blue Mountains Line – limited buses are replacing trains between Katoomba and Mount Victoria.
- F3 Parramatta River services – alternative transport is running between Parramatta and Rydalmere.
- Many bus services are cancelled and diverting and missing stops..
In the Illawarra, South Coast and Southern Highlands:
- Jamberoo – Jamberoo Mountain Road is closed in both directions near The Abbey.
In addition to state managed roads, some local roads managed by councils may also be affected.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
For information about local council roads, use the “council supplied information” tab on www.livetraffic.com or check with local councils.
For the latest transport information, visit www.transportnsw.info