Major resurfacing work is scheduled to take place on the M5 East Motorway between King Georges Road, Beverly Hills and Marsh Street, Arncliffe from 8pm Thursday 9 April to 6am Tuesday 14 April 2020.
The work has been scheduled to take place while traffic volumes are significantly reduced helping minimise impacts to motorists, the wider road network and local businesses.
To allow the work to occur, the following road closures will be in place:
- M5 East Motorway will be closed in both directions between King Georges Road, Beverly Hills and Marsh Street, Arncliffe from 8pm Thursday 9 April to 6am Tuesday 14 April 2020.
The following on-ramps will also be closed:
- King Georges Road eastbound.
- Kingsgrove Road eastbound.
- Bexley Road westbound.
- Marsh Street westbound.
Detours and travel advice
Motorists travelling eastbound will be diverted at the King Georges Road exit to Stoney Creek Road.
Motorists travelling westbound from General Holmes Drive can continue to the Marsh Street off-ramp and continue their journey on Forest Road.
Motorists are advised to follow the signposted detour and allow extra travel time or avoid unnecessary travel through the area where possible
Special event clearways
Special event clearway parking restrictions will be in effect to provide additional lane capacity on the detour routes. Clearways will be in effect from 8pm Thursday 9 April to 6am Tuesday 14 April 2020 at:
Kingsgrove and Bexley
- Stoney Creek Road between King Georges Road and Forest Road in both directions.
- Forest Road between Stoney Creek Road and Princes Highway in both directions.
- Wickham Street between Princes Highway and West Botany Street in both directions.
Brighton Le Sands
- The Grand Parade and General Holmes Drive between Bay Street and Bestic Street in both directions.
Special event clearways are strict no-parking zones even for local residents and Mobility Scheme Parking Permit holders and vehicles left in clearways will be towed and a fee applies. If your vehicle is towed call 132 701 to find its new location.
For further information, visit livetraffic.com for the latest information on traffic conditions before you travel.