Works are underway to resurface the Monash and Princes freeways. Major delays are expected throughout Summer with the works to be completed during Autumn 2022.
Freeway daytime lane closures – major delays
There will be lanes closed and speed reductions on sections of the Monash Freeway between Warrigal Road and EastLink until April. There will be changed traffic conditions with the middle lane closed at times. Major delays expected. Please plan ahead.
Overnight freeway closures
The Monash Freeway will be closed outbound overnight between Warrigal Road and Wellington Road on:
- Sunday 6 February from 10pm to 6am.
- Monday 7 February and Wednesday 9 February from 9pm to 6am
- Thursday 10 February from 9.30pm to 6am
- Friday 11 and Saturday 12 February from 11pm to 8am
Detour via Warrigal Road, Princes Highway and Wellington Road.
The Monash Freeway will be closed in both directions overnight between Stud Road and Wellington Road on Tuesday 8 February:
- Inbound from 8.30pm to 5am
- Outbound from 9.30pm to 5.30am
Detour via Stud Road and Wellington Road.
The Princes Freeway will be closed overnight between Princes Highway and Beaconsfield Interchange:
- In both directions on Saturday 5 February
- Inbound from 9pm to 7.30am
- Outbound from 10pm to 7.30am
- Inbound from Sunday 6 February to Wednesday 9 February from 8.30pm to 4.30am
- In both directions on Thursday 10 February
- Inbound from 8.30pm to 4.30am
- Outbound from 10pm to 5.30am
Please note: Clyde Road is closed between the level crossing and Mansfield Street/Langmore Lane.
Detour via Princes Highway.
Warrigal Road closures
There will be a full northbound closure and one lane closed southbound overnight on Warrigal Road under the freeway:
- On Saturday 5 February from 10pm at 6am
- From Sunday 6 February to Tuesday 8 February from 9pm to 5am
Detour via Burke Road.
Police Road weekend closure
Police Road will be closed from 8pm Friday 11 February until 5am Monday 14 February to continue intersection works.
Detour via Jacksons Road, Halton Road, Gladstone Road, Gladeswood Drive and Haverbrack Drive.
Detours will also be in place for bus services 850 and 862. Visit Victoria’s Big Build for more information.
There will be further weekend closures of Police Road in coming weeks
Daytime ramp closures
- The Jacksons Rd outbound exit ramp will be closed until 5am Wednesday 9 February. Detour via Stud Road.
- The Jacksons Road outbound entry ramp will be closed from 8pm Friday 4 February until 6am Monday 14 February. Detour via Wellington Rd and Stud Rd.
- The Springvale Road inbound exit ramp will be closed until 5am Wednesday 16 February. Detour via Wellington Road.
- The Huntingdale Road inbound exit ramp will be closed from 1am Tuesday 8 February until 5am Monday 14 February. Detour via Warrigal Road.
These works are heavily weather dependent and any changes to dates will be communicated via on road signage and on Victoria’s Big Build.