Businesses that have enrolled for the JobKeeper Payment and identified their eligible employees will need to make a business monthly declaration to the ATO. A registered tax professional can also do this on their behalf.
The monthly declaration can be completed from the 1st to the 14th day of each month, to receive reimbursements for the payments made to employees in the previous month.
As part of this declaration, businesses will need to:
- Ensure they have paid their eligible employees at least $1,500 (before tax) in each JobKeeper fortnight that they are claiming for.
- Reconfirm their eligible employees and contact and financial details.
- Provide information on their current and projected GST turnover, this isn’t a retest of their eligibility – it will indicate to us how their business is progressing.
If eligible employees change or leave a business’s employment, they will need to notify the ATO through this step so they can adjust their JobKeeper payments.
To lodge a business monthly declaration:
- Log in to the ATO business portal using myGov ID or ATO online services through myGov.
- This step will need to be completed each month to claim payments until the end of the program.
For more information visit ato.gov.au/jobkeeper