Transport for NSW (TfNSW) has advised that they are opening 3 new freight-friendly COVID-19 testing sites at Narrabarba, Taree and Forbes. These locations are in addition to the previously established sites at Narrandera and Tarcutta.
The addition of these 3 new locations means that free COVID-19 testing services will be available to members on the major inter-state haulage routes through NSW.
There is also a change to the testing service at Narrandera and Tarcutta effective from Monday 21 September. From 9.00am to 4.00pm each day, staff will be on-site to conduct tests. From 4.00pm to 9.00am a telehealth service will be available. Telehealth involves off-site medical staff supporting freight workers to carry out tests. Freight workers are able to contact medical staff via your own device and will be supervised and supported while they take a test themselves.
Testing locations and hours from Monday 21 September
- Taree Service Centre, Pacific Highway. Open 9am-3pm from Monday 21 September
- Narrandera Roadhouse, Newell Highway. Open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week
- Tarcutta truck change-over yard, Sydney Street, off Hume Highway. Open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week.
TfNSW has also advised that they will be opening testing locations at:
- Narrabarba rest area, on Princes Highway
- Forbes Caltex, on the Newell Highway.
We will update you with the locations and opening times as soon as TfNSW advise us.