SA cross border control requires record of close contacts for transport and freight Industry
South Australia has released new requirements for cross border travel for ‘essential travellers’.
From 11 May 2020, an essential travellers in the transport and freight category must keep and retain records of close contacts for a 14 day period from the date of their arrival in South Australia (or, if they remain in South Australia for a period of less than 14 days, for that period).
Members are encouraged to download the SA Government Essential Traveller Record Of Close Contact Form to record your close contacts.
What is considered a close contact?
A person is a close contact of another person if they are in the company of the other person:
1) Within an enclosed space for a period of 2 hours or longer; or
2) Within 1.5 metres of the other person for a period of 15 minutes or longer.
The records that are required to be kept in relation to a close contact are:
1) The name and phone number or other contact details of the close contact and the location at which the close contact occurred; or
2) If the details are not known and it is not reasonably practicable to obtain those details—the time during which and location at which the close contact occurred.
What must you do?
The records must:
1) Be retained for a period of 28 days from the end of the period for which the records must be kept.
2) Be provided to an authorised officer on request.
Who is deemed an essential traveller?
An essential traveller includes persons who, in the conduct of their duties, provide transport or freight services into, within and out of South Australia (including any crew on such transport or freight services) and are required to be physically present in South Australia for such purposes. View the full list of who is deemed an essential traveller on the SA Government website.
South Australia Cross Border Control - frequently asked questions.
If you have any further questions or require assistance please do not hesitate to contact our member services team on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1800 272 144.