12 Jul 2019
NTC Issues Paper - Vehicle standards and safety
NTC released an issues paper seeking feedback on vehicle standards and safety on 11 July 2019.
The purpose of this paper is to:
- summarise the current vehicle standards and safety provisions in the HVNL
- identify the problems in the current law and how it is applied
- identify options for vehicle standards and safety regulation using a risk-based approach
- identify the safe and productive vehicle issues that a revised law should cover
- seek feedback on whether this paper has captured all the relevant issues.