Illawarra & South Coast
All northbound lanes of the M1 Princes Motorway (Mount Ousley Road) are closed again at Memorial Drive, due to a precautionary safety measure.
Engineers are inspecting the integrity of a nearby private dam following heavy rainfall.
All southbound lanes on the motorway remain open.
Northbound motorists can use Bulli Pass instead, however this diversion is only suitable for light vehicles.
Traffic is heavy in the area, so motorists should allow plenty of extra travel time.
Other roads closed or affected by flooding include:
- At Clifton, Lawrence Hargrave Drive is closed between Clifton School Parade and Railway Avenue due to a landslip.
- At Cringilla, Springhill Road is closed between Masters Road and Five Islands Road.
- At Albion Park, Terry St/Illawarra Hwy is closed between Tongarra Road and the M1 Princes Motorway.
- Cambewarra to Fitzroy Falls, Moss Vale Road closed between Main Road and Myra Vale Road due to a landslip.
- At Kiama Heights, one northbound lane remains closed on the Princes Highway approaching Kiama Bends, due to a landslip.
- At Ulladulla, the Princes Highway is closed between Hollywood Ave and Kissing Point Drive.
Many other roads are closed due to flooding and surface damage.
Motorists are advised to plan ahead, slow down and avoid non-essential travel in flood affected areas.
- On the South Coast Line, trains are running to a reduced frequency with buses replacing some trains between Waterfall and Thirroul and all trains between Port Kembla and Wollongong.
- On the Southern Highlands Line, buses are replacing trains between Moss Vale and Campbelltown due to flooding and a landslip at Picton. Trains are running between Goulburn and Moss Vale.
Motorists should continue to avoid non-essential travel with several major roads in the Sydney area closed or affected by flooding:
- Bexley North, Bexley Road is closed between Kingsgrove Avenue and the M5 East Motorway
- Lansdowne to Milperra, Henry Lawson Drive is closed between Hume Highway and Bullecourt Avenue
- Milperra, Milperra Road closed between Henry Lawson Drive and Marigold Street
- Moorebank, Newbridge Road closed Henry Lawson Drive and Governor Macquarie Drive
- Revesby Heights, The River Road between Henry Lawson Drive and Prince Street
- Liverpool, Newbridge Road between Heathcote Road and Speed Street
- Elderslie: Argyle St is closed between Camden Valley Way & Edward St.
- Lane Cove, Riverside Drive is closed between Delhi Road and De Burghs Bridge
- Windsor Bridge, North Richmond Bridge and Yarramundi Bridge are closed.
- Windsor: Hawkesbury Valley Way is closed between Moses Street and Percival Street.
- North Richmond: Terrace Road is closed between Bells Line of Road and Brahma Road.
- Between McGraths Hill and Cattai: Pitt Town Road, Cattai Road and Wisemans Ferry Road are closed.
- McGraths Hill: Windsor Road is closed between Pitt Town Road and Macquarie Street.
- Maraylya: Cattai Ridge Rd is closed between Street Johns Road and Halcrows Road.
- Schofields: Grange Avenue is closed at Eastern Creek.
- Riverstone: Garfield Road West is closed between Richmond Road and Railway Terrace
- Shanes Park: Stony Creek Rd/St Marys Road is closed at South Creek.
- Cranebrook: The Northern Road between Vincent Road and Seventh Avenue
- Douglas Park: Douglas Park Causeway is closed.
- Menangle: Menangle Bridge is closed.
- Royal National Park: Audley Weir is closed.
- At Colo, Putty Road is closed in both directions at the Colo River.
- Between Narrabeen and Oxford Falls: Wakehurst Parkway is closed.
- Oxford Falls: Oxford falls Road is closed between the Wakehurst Parkway and Aroona Road.
- Between Galston and Hornsby Heights, Galston Road is closed in both directions for repairs due to severe weather.
Severe weather conditions are currently affecting the train network with significant disruptions and larger than normal service gaps.
Train cancellations and changes in platforms and stops may happen at short notice.
Passengers may need to change trains to complete their journey.
Avoid any non-essential travel but if you need to travel plan ahead, listen to announcements, check information screens and allow plenty of extra travel time.
Many other roads are affected and conditions are changing quickly.
Northbound lanes of the M1 Princes Motorway are closed at Mount Ousley
Motorists are advised to avoid any non-essential travel due to severe weather conditions across the Illawarra.
All northbound lanes of the M1 Princes Motorway are closed at Mount Ousley due to flooding near Memorial Drive.
Motorists can use Bulli Pass instead however, the diversion is suitable for light vehicles only.
Heavy vehicles are being parked.
Emergency services and traffic crews are on site.
There is heavy traffic in the area already, so motorists should exercise extreme care, allow plenty of extra travel time and follow directions of traffic crews.
For the latest traffic information, download the Live Traffic NSW app, visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.