Strategic Action Plan
It is a privilege to serve, support and advocate for our loyal and passionate members as the only national member based organisation for the road transport industry.
Our five strategic goals bring the focus we need to become the the leading and most effective road transport association in Australia for our members, partners and stakeholders.
We want to be regarded as:
- a valued business partner by our members
- the organisation to engage and consult with by all policy and regulatory bodies
- an organisation with collaborative relationships with policy makers, regulators, partners and sponsors; and
- an organisation that effectively covers every jurisdiction – national, state and local.
Our five strategic goals:
- Build a strong brand Grow the NatRoad brand with clear corporate attributes, communicating them effectively to our key target audiences, members, corporate partners, industry partners, employees, governments and the general public.
- Renew our focus on members To build a membership base and member loyalty by value adding to members businesses and providing relevant and responsive services and advocacy to meet member needs.
- Achieve operational excellence Ensure good governance, effective implementation and deployment of applicable infrastructure and resources.
- Expand our market presence To increase revenue through corporate partnerships, corporate sponsorships, increased membership and improved market position.
- Ensure we have skilled people To maximise the potential of our people for best performance with commitment and alignment to the company’s long term goals and values.
Our advocacy action plan:
Our advocacy and action agenda is informed by the NatRoad Parliament and our regular member feedback and guided by three strategic priority areas:
- Strengthening our safety culture Safety will always be a key priority for the road transport industry. We have a responsibility to ensure we operate safely and look for ways to continually improve our safety practices for our well being, for our businesses and for the community.
- Supporting steps to national harmonisation Everyday NatRoad receives calls on a range of matters pointing towards the need for greater national consistency in regulation.Through the National Transport Commission and the National Heavy Vehicle Regulator there are steps underway to improve consistency in heavy vehicle regulations.
- Keeping trucking businesses competitive Strengthening the industry starts at the door of each of our trucking businesses. We want to support trucking businesses to be resilient, competitive, thriving businesses with relevant industry advice on the matters that impact the bottom line, trustworthy workplace relations, business tools and other benefits that make a difference.