Major road closures will be in place on Sunday 15 May between 2am and 1pm due to the Sydney Morning Herald Half Marathon.
Temporary road closures
- 4am to 11am:No direct access between Anzac Bridge and Sydney Harbour Bridge while sections of the Western Distributor are closed between Pyrmont and the city. This includes Market St, Harbour St, Fig St, and Pyrmont St on ramps and King St, Harris St off ramps
- 4am to 11:30am:No direct access between Sydney Harbour Bridge and Domain Tunnel while the Cahill Expressway Circular Quay Overpass is closed. Cahill Expressway lanes 7, 8 and all lanes on the Harbour Bridge deck will remain open
- 2am to 1pm:Park St between College St and Elizabeth St will be closed
- 3:30am to 11:30am:Macquarie St between Hunter St and St James Rd will be closed
- 4:30am to 11:30am:College St north of Park St, Macquarie St between Hunter St and Albert St, Prince Albert Rd and St James Rd will be closed. No access to Domain Tunnel, Eastern Distributor or Cahill Expressway until roads reopen
- 6am to 11am:No access across Macquarie St via Shakespeare Pl or Bent St
Crossing Sydney CBD (eastbound from west to east or east to west)
- Traffic can cross Sydney CBD eastbound via Bathurst St or roads south of Bathurst St
- Traffic can cross Sydney CBD westbound via Liverpool St or roads south of Liverpool St
Heavy Vehicle detours
Heavy & Oversize vehicles travelling north or south of the city are strongly encouraged to use Victoria Road and the Gladesville Bridge to avoid traffic delays on the following detour routes in the city between 4am and 11am.
Eastern Suburbs detour 4am to 11am:
- Oversize & Dangerous Goods Vehicles travelling citybound on the Bradfield Highway will be detoured via the CBD and Western Distributor
- Access to the Eastern Distributor (height limit 4.4m; no dangerous goods) is available via York St, King St, Elizabeth St, Liverpool St, College St and William St to the Bourke St on-ramp
- Vehicles that are not carrying dangerous goods can use the Sydney Harbour Tunnel (height limit 4.4m) which remains open in both directions during the event
Pyrmont to City detour 4am to 11am:
- Vehicles travelling citybound on the Anzac Bridge will be detoured via the Bathurst St off ramp
- Access to Sydney Harbour Bridge will be via Kent St, King St and Clarence St
- Vehicles travelling to Anzac Bridge from the Harbour Bridge will be detoured via Harbour St to rejoin the Western Distributor via Bathurst St, Kent St and the Druitt St on ramp
Other key roads in Sydney CBD, Circular Quay, The Rocks, Millers Point and Pyrmont will be closed.
For the latest traffic information, visit www.livetraffic.com, download the Live Traffic NSW app or call 132 701.