Please be advised, further investigations have found that additional repair works are required on the Toowoomba Bypass due to unforeseen technical complexities. Works will now continue until Saturday 31 July 2021.
Also, due to forecast wet weather, the proposed full closure of the Toowoomba Bypass between the Warrego West Interchange and the Toowoomba-Cecil Plains Interchange has been postponed to late July 2021, with dates to be confirmed.
Click here to download the restrictions table for updated details of dates and restrictions.
Temporary width restrictions
- Restrictions will apply on a range of dates between Monday 5 July and Saturday 31 July.
- Restrictions will apply to vehicles with:
- a ground contact width from 4.2m and/or
- a load width from 4.5m.
- Restrictions will apply to work sites
- between the Warrego East Interchange and the Warrego West Interchange in both directions
- between the Toowoomba Cecil Plains Road Interchange to the Toowoomba Athol Road Interchange in both directions
- 4 days prior to travel, you must obtain written confirmation that travel is permitted on the Toowoomba Bypass by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Queensland Police Service will require this confirmation when booking your escorts.
- Wide loads exceeding the dimensions outlined in the restrictions table will not be permitted through the site.
Travel through Toowoomba under permit
- Wide loads operating under a current permit will be permitted through Toowoomba on days that restrictions apply to the bypass.
- Wide loads must not exceed 7.9m westbound and 6.2m eastbound.
- Travel will be permitted under permit through Toowoomba (Toowoomba Connection Road) between 11pm and 4am, Sunday to Thursday.
- Operators requiring travel through Toowoomba must contact TMR on 07 3066 5511 to arrange an amendment to their current permit.
Wide loads exceeding 7.9m westbound and 6.2m eastbound will need to find an alternate heavy vehicle route or reschedule your trip.
For the latest information on road closures and traffic conditions across Queensland, view the Conditions of Operation Database on the TMR website www.tmr.qld.gov.au, visit QLDTraffic website www.qldtraffic.qld.gov.au, download the QLDTraffic app or phone 13 19 40 for further assistance.