As part of the Stage 2 Monash Freeway Upgrade there will be upcoming traffic disruptions as per below:
Freeway daytime lane closures – major delays
There will be lanes closed and speed reductions on the Monash Freeway between Warrigal Road and EastLink until April.
There will be changed traffic conditions with the middle lane closed at times. Please plan ahead and seek an alternate route.
Overnight freeway closures
Monash Freeway closed overnight between Wellington Road and Warrigal Road:
- Outbound on Sunday 27 March from 10:30pm to 6am
- In both directions on Monday 28 March inbound from 8pm to 4:30am and outbound from 8:30pm to 4:30am
- In both direction on Tuesday 29 March inbound from 8pm to 5am and outbound from 9:30pm to 6am
- Inbound on Wednesday 30 March from 8pm to 5am
- In both directions on Thursday 31 March inbound from 8:30pm to 5am outbound from midnight to 6am
Detour via Warrigal Road, Princes Highway and Wellington Road.
Monash Freeway closed overnight inbound between Stud Road and Ferntree Gully Road on Saturday 26 March from 10pm to 7am. Detour via Stud Road, Wellington Road and Ferntree Gully Road.
The Princes Freeway is closed overnight between Princes Highway and Beaconsfield interchange
- Outbound on Saturday 26 March from 10pm to 7.30am
- Outbound on Sunday 27 March from 9.30pm to 5am
- Inbound on Monday 28 March from 8pm to 5am
The Princes Freeway is closed overnight between Princes Highway and Cardinia Road
- In both directions on Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 March inbound 8pm to 5am outbound 9pm to 5:30am
- In both directions on Thursday 31 March inbound 8pm to 5am outbound 9:30pm to 5:30am
Detour via Princes Highway
Daytime ramp closures
- Blackburn Road outbound entry ramp will be closed until 5am Monday 4 April. Detour via Springvale Road
- The Blackburn Road inbound exit ramp will be closed until 5am Saturday 2 April. Detour via Forster Road
- The Ferntree Gully Road inbound entry ramp will be closed until 5am Saturday 2 April. Detour via Blackburn Road
- The Jackson Road outbound entry ramp will be closed until 5am Thursday 14 April. Detour via Stud Road
Forster Road will be closed under the Monash Freeway on Saturday 26, Tuesday 29 and Wednesday 30 March from 8pm to 5am. There will be further closures at Forster Road over the coming weeks.
Detour via Stephensons Road or Blackburn Road.
Kimbarra Drive closure
Kimbarra Drive will be closed at O’Shea Road until 8pm Friday 15 April. The roundabout at Skyline Way and O’Shea Road will be changed to a T-intersection during this time.
These works are heavily weather dependent and any changes to dates will be communicated via on road signage and on Victoria’s Big Build.